Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Saw You today!

Blue and I have a little ritual when he gets home from work. Probably not much different than a lot of couples. I try to greet him at the door everyday with a big hug and kiss. We exchange a few words about how each of our days went.  Blue heads off to clean up, and I head to the kitchen.


Yesterday, after the usual greetings, Blue said, I saw you today.


Hmmmm, I was thinking of all the places I had been that day. The grocery store, the bank and I had to gas up the pickup, which gets notoriously bad mileage. Anyway, I sure hadn't seen Blue in any of those places. Really, I didn't see you. Where was this?




I saw you driving on the access road and the highway.   He's not smiling and I realize with a sinking feeling just where it was he saw me.




There's an access road that merges with the highway here that has a long "S" curve. The highway is raised and anyone driving on it can clearly see the traffic below. When you're going around those curves, if you go just a little bit faster than the posted speed, you can feel a little bit like a NASCAR driver. Even if you are driving a pickup!





Blue has warned me before about my driving and I usually watch my speed and am a great driver. Really. I flashback to this afternoon. I had the windows down, it was hot, but not a scorcher yet.  The wind was blowing my hair. One of my favorite Skynyrd tunes had just come on and it was cranked up nice and loud. It was just one of those moments when all is right with the world and I was feeling fine.



When I reached those "S" curves today, I went ahead and acted a little like Dale Junior, Foolish, I know. What's worse, once I merged onto the highway, I don't recall slowing down.



Oh geez, this would be the day Blue had to have seen me! Not one of those other days when I was driving like his Grandma!



Blue is standing there pinning me to the spot with his eyes. How, I wonder, does he all of a sudden look like he grew a few inches while I feel smaller somehow.




Looked like you were driving pretty fast.



Oh crap! What to say?  I should just fess up, we both know I'm totally busted. Maybe some kind of self preservation instinct kicked in, because what I said was,




I guess I may have been going a little faster than usual.




I should have just gone with a full confession and an apology. Blue's gaze becomes even harder.




No, it looked more like you were driving it like you stole it. I couldn't even catch up with you in the work truck.




 Blue looks pretty grim and has his lips pressed together. That's never a good sign. He has his eyes locked on mine, and I feel absolutely rooted to the spot I standing on. I feel my mouth go dry and wish I could start this whole day over. I’m having trouble meeting his gaze and feel the sudden need to look down and inspect the polish on my toes. I know what he's waiting for.





Okay, I admit I was driving too fast again. I'm sorry! It won't happen again. I know this isn't going to get me out of trouble, but it's true and I know he'll appreciate not hearing more excuses.





Yeah, I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen again. I guess the warnings I've given haven't made much of an impression on you.  We'll make sure that the next time you're driving on that road, you have something to remember. Go ahead to the bedroom and get ready. I'll be there after I clean up, and we'll take care of this right now.





He stands there until I turn around and head down the hall. It's a relief to get away from his steely gaze, at least for a few minutes. Blue is really angry with me, with good reason I have to admit. I've heard several others mention their "worst spanking ever", and I think the one I'm about to experience will be my worst ever.





Getting ready only consists of losing my Levi's. Now what? I hate the waiting and don't know what to do with myself. Sit, stand, pace. I do all three. Finally, I hear Blue's footsteps coming down the hall. It seems like I've been waiting a long time, but it's only been about 10 minutes.






He opens the door and I see he has his belt in hand.





Come here.



My long run of no punishment spankings comes to an abrupt end. I made it a one month and three days. A new record for me.




NASCAR? Not a fan!





18 comments:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!! Sorry about your record of no spankings coming to an end. How many times does great music and wind flying through our hair make us feel like we are young and invincable. Were you listening to Call Me the Breeze or Free Bird when you were driving? Did you say Give me Three Steps when he busted you? And last question, does he have Gifted Hands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! Very clever Blondie! Thanks for the laughs, I needed it.

      Ouch, ouch, ouch....You Got That Right.

      Ironically, it was Gimme Three Steps that was on the radio :) I didn't think to ask for them before bending over. I guess it's just as well, that would have probably got me in Double Trouble!

      Maybe before Tuesday's Gone, I'll get my truck keys back.

      Actually, Blue does have very Gifted Hands! He's not really a Simple Man, but has all kinds of talents.

      Thanks again for taking the time to cheer me up...ummm...er...What's Your Name again? Oh yeah, Blondie! :)

      Delete
  2. Well good job on making it that far! Positive thinking!
    Ouch though, but it sounds like he is really only concerned for your safety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a pretty long time for someone like me Julia. Maybe I'll be able to do it again! Yeah, Blue was really worried I would have an accident. I think I'm cured of my lead foot for good! Thanks for your positive comments!

      Delete
  3. Oh ouch...that does NOT sound like a particularly fun way to start the evening together!!

    Great job making it so long without getting in trouble by the way. That's quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a very bad way to start our evening, and the weekend too!

      I did go a long time without being in trouble. I hope to do it again. I won't be getting in trouble for my driving again, that's for sure! Thanks for the comment, Molly Rose!

      Delete
  4. Hi Cowgirl Up,
    1 month and 3 days. That's quite good.
    But Speeding like Nascar and disregarding several warnings? Yep, that would indeed bring a worthy end to such a long period.
    I hope the seats in your car are soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there and welcome Bas! I've read so many of your comments on various blogs, I feel I know you already.

      Yes, I did end my run in pretty spectacular fashion didn't I?

      Nope, my truck seats aren't a bit soft. They're hard leather. Kind of ironic :)

      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Yikes! You made it a long time with your record. Be good! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long time, wasn't it? At least I know it's possible! Thanks so much for the hug and kind words SNP :)

      Delete
  6. Busted! I tend to fly when certain songs come on too:) Hope it wasn't TOO bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busted in more ways than one, Tess! Yeah, it was pretty bad. No more flying for me no matter what's on the radio! In fact, I might just leave the thing off. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah the music is my downfall as well for speeding. I hope that you can still sit now that it's over. May you last at least as long next time- Good for you for going that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful, Mrs. Soft Bottom, you never know who might be watching! I am sitting pretty comfortable today :)
      Thank you so much for the kind words!

      Delete
  8. Ohh gosh, ouch! I'm sorry you had such a hard spanking, punishments never have a fun tone, either :( What are the odds he'd catch you, but I guess he did. I was once spanked for a driving infraction as well. Actually, I believe that was the first spanking I'd ever received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, for sure Riley! It's not too unusual to run into someone you know when you go out here. Maybe it was just a matter of tome. I guess everyone remembers their first spanking. Seems like driving is a pretty common issue. I would have rather paid for it with a ticket!

      Delete
  9. Oh jeez.....Trucks, windows down, wind in hair, music, rural road. I completely get it-and it sounds like lots of us do! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saoirse, good to see you here! Yes, it does sound like a common situation for us doesn't it. Hope nobody official gets word of it. They might think about a ban on "jammin' while driving"! Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love knowing that you were here :)