Monday, August 27, 2012

A Word From Blue



Back in July, my good friend Molly Rose had a post with a series of questions meant to get to know others better.  Both Molly Rose and her fiance Jack completed the questions, and I know Riley and her guy, Cael did too. Also, Rosie and Mr Bossy.  If you haven't read those, just click on their names and go check it out. It's very interesting hearing about how others got started in this lifestyle. At least, I think so.  I answered the questions myself too.


I didn't even try to get Blue to participate then, but we had a lot of time this weekend. That doesn't happen too often unfortunately. Anyway, he indulged me and answered the questions. I faithfully transcribed his responses here. As it turns out, it's a little embarrassing to read about yourself  in a format like this. I wish we had done it as a couple like the others, but I guess better late than never?  I thought maybe you would enjoy getting to know Blue a little better, so I guess I'll just grin and bear it. :)



1. How did you very first learn about DD, and what was your initial reaction to the concept?

I knew something was up before I ever heard the words Domestic Discipline. My wife, you know her as Cowgirl, had changed a lot in the way she handled herself. I did love the changes. One night she brought the subject up. I could tell that this was something important to her, so I listened and tried to keep an open mind. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say, I thought it was too weird for my tastes. I couldn't understand why a grown woman would want to be treated like a child. I know now it isn't like that at all. I want to add that I wasn't a bit surprised at the name my wife gave herself. It fits her to a T.


2. Share one of your all-time favorite DD memories of you and your partner.

I know my Cowgirl  wrote about the whole standing in the corner thing. What you may not understand is that Cowgirl giving herself permission to cry is a pretty rare thing. Her crying on my shoulder that day is something I'll never forget. Not much else to say there...


3. What is one aspect of DD that you feel your partner has always handled very well?

Cowgirl is quick to own up to her mistakes and I like that. She never tries to get out of a punishment even when she knows it will be a strong one.


4. If you had to pick one person in your life to tell that you practice DD, who would you tell?

I would tell my Dad. He's of a generation where men were men and no apologies for it. My parents have a marriage that closely follows DD principles anyway. If there's spanking involved there, I don't even want to know about it!


5. What is one thing you wish you had known when you started DD?

Spanking my wife to punish her is the hardest thing I've ever done. It hurts me more than her I think. I hate seeing her in pain of any kind. I can't argue with the results though, so I will do it when I have to. The day I saw her driving like a Nascar driver, her words, took about 5 years off my life.  I was glad I still had some work to do before I could get home. I needed that time to settle myself down to deal with her. 


6. (I added this question of my own) So, how do you make your hand feel like a 5 pound brick? You  
    shouldn't be able to do that!!


Come here and I'll show you!  (laughing)




Blue never did get around to showing me that hand trick of his. He showed me lots of others though. I do love that man!  Thanks again Molly Rose for the questions. Maybe we can get a few more people to participate....I promise, I'll pass along any comments you may have to Blue.



29 comments:

  1. It sure was a surprise to see this quiz popping up again!

    So glad you decided to ask Blue to share. It was fun and interesting! I love his answer to #6...sorry Cowgirl... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quiz may last for years :) I'm glad you enjoyed it Molly Rose! No need to be sorry, the ending of question #6 turned out pretty well ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing these answers and a little into yourself, Blue! More of the DD husbands of blogging wives should follow and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I'm so sorry, I just discovered your comment in my spam folder. That seems to be going around lately
      :( I'm going to be checking it everyday from now on.

      Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to come by and comment. I agree, I would like to hear from the guys more often. :) I'll tell Blue your comment when he gets home....

      Delete
  3. I love reading what the boys think :) It's a different world, for sure! Thanks for sharing, Cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosie, and welcome. I'm happy to see you here! I always love hearing the POV of the guys too :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. We'll answer those questions when we get to practicing DD. Just reading about all the men that didn't really want to at first gives me hope for Hubby. Thanks Cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found a little hope here.I can't wait to hear the answers from both of you. I really don't think it's going to be very long. Thanks for stopping by, lilmisses! :)

      Delete
  5. Yes- I enjoy the male perspective as well. I like hearing how the men come to this dynamic. Blue, you sound like a guy with a great sense of humor! Your compassion in the corner incident....that was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I don't think we get to hear from the guys often enough. Thank you for your kind words! :)

      I read Blue your comment, and he blushed and said "Thanks"

      Delete
  6. Hi :) What a sweetheart you have there, CG. Like Minelle says, the understanding and compassion about the corner showed a man who loves his wife deeply.
    Question for Blue:
    Would you go back (to the relationship as it was before Dd)?
    Why or why not?
    Could this Dd think work without a physical component?

    I also love to hear what the guys think, and don't feel you have to answer, but if you want to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lillie! He is a sweetheart, isn't he! :) He's also getting pretty embarrassed. It's pretty cute. Uh, oh, I may have just got myself in trouble! Anyway, moving on..
      I read Blue your comment and questions and here's what he said:

      Hello and thanks. I've heard a lot about you from Cowgirl.

      We could drop DD and we'd be just fine. We were pretty happy without it too. I wouldn't want to though. We are both better for it, and it gets better all the time.

      Sure, I think this could work without any physical component. My parents are a case in point. They have never heard about DD, or at least I don't think so, but they live it just the same. I think adding the physical aspect to it just greatly enhances its effectiveness. As long as both partners are willing, why not use it. It works.

      Delete
    2. Just had another thought Lillie...How about you and Ian taking the quiz? I'd love to hear about things from his POV too! :)

      Delete
  7. Cowgirl, I like your Blue. He sounds very devoted to you, kind and strong, trustworthy. Not just in this post for the things he said, but I get the positive impression from the ways you continue to describe him and relate the way he handles himself. I'm glad you have him in your corner. (I swear I wasn't going for the pun, but I'm leaving it now that it's there and works so well!)

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that pun works very well! Lol, you always manage to make me laugh, Irishey. I'm glad you like Blue, I think he's pretty special too. I don't know how I ever got so lucky! I read him your comment and he laughed and said "thanks, if this keeps up, I may get a big head!"
      Thanks again, Irishey, I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed reading Blue's answers, thanks Blue! Cowgirl -- he sounds like a sweetheart. Glad you reblogged as well -- Molly started a cool thing, huh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley, good to see you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading Blue's comments. I knew there was zero chance of him actually sitting down and writing a post of any kind. Just answering a few questions though, that was probably doable. Molly did start a cool thing! Thanks, Riley! :)

      Delete
  9. I also loved reading your post and Blue's answers. It is fun/interesting to read how everyone comes to this lifestyle and their thoughts on DD/TTWD. Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you both have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SNP! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed reading Blue's answers. Thanks so much for your kind words. I hope you and your husband have a very good week as well! :)

      Delete
  10. I love hearing what the boys think too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee Rose! I love hearing from the boys too. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete
  11. Aah, what a sweet guy. You know, these sound a whole lot like the kind of answers my man would give. I think we're pretty lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie! He is pretty sweet! How did we get so lucky?? Hey, how about you two take the quiz? I'd love to read both of your answers! Thanks for the visit and the comment. :)

      Delete
  12. Sweet man and very thoughtful answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sunnygirl. I appreciate the kind words! :)

      Delete
  13. Oh you do have a special man! I especially like his answers to #4 and #6. ;)
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cat! I was hoping I'd see you here sometime :) I have to agree, Blue is pretty special. I'm one lucky lady. I kind of liked #6 too! Thanks for taking the time to comment and let me know you came by!

      Delete
  14. Hey Cowgirl! It appears we changed geography. I'm from Colorado, and now I'm living on the east coast.
    Here's my question for Blue. Do you ever lasso Cowgirl before you spank her? Lol.

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kiki, I'm happy to see you here! I love Colorado and those Rocky Mountains, it must have been hard to leave that behind. I know the east coast is beautiful too though. I've been to every state on the east coast. I think North Carolina may have been my favorite.

    I was a little reluctant to ask Blue your question, don't want him getting any ideas, lol! But, I did and he said:

    No, but I bet I could if need be! (laughing)


    Hmmmm, I'm not sure I like where this may lead, but thanks for commenting anyway, Kiki. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love knowing that you were here :)